My First Day as a Student Teacher

My first formal experience as a Student Teacher was full of excitement and nervousness. However, I can't wait for the memories I'll make and the start of a journey of no return full of laughter, curiosity, nervousness, and excitement all mix together.


Taken by me , on the bus ride.

Taken by me, waiting for my second bus- titled "bus stop # 1

Last week, I started my first day as a Student Teacher. It was a rainy and gloomy day. It was raining too much for my like, but like the crossing guard said " flowers need a bit of shower sometimes" and I agree with him. The buses were late but I made on time by walking in a fast speed mode that was noticeable at the end of the day, when I couldn't walk properly. But, I don't want to make you think that this was a horrible experience, on the contrary, it was the best experience !

My cooperative teacher has two preschool classes, during the morning (8:30-11:10) and the afternoon (12:10-2:15) and I must say, "boy ! were they all different!". Preschoolers are the best of students. They are so curious about everything and eager to learn more everyday, and this is shown by their excitement the moment they enter the classroom. As one boy said " what are we going to learn today? I hope it's something fun!".

For the first two or three weeks, I will be observing my cooperative teacher's classroom routine and how she teaches the children and will then start my first lesson plan and teacher sample workshop, which is all part of my requirements for my Junior Practicum as the first step towards my bachelors.

My first lesson will be on October 10, I will make sure of sharing the process of creating my lesson plan and activities.

Hope you have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram