September Books: My Top 3 Picks




When I have to travel to college or my student teaching, I always have a book downloaded on my OverDrive app for the commute time. I mostly borrow audiobooks because it's practical for me. So, I decided to share my top 3 picks of the books I read during the month of September.




Anna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit  
To my thinking, this book exemplifies astonishing achievement in writing, both on the literal and symbolic levels. There are only three characters for most of the book; who they are and my best gue…:
This book is about Anna, a young child and her experience through World War II in Poland. Anna meets Swallow Man and with him embarks on years long walk with the attempt of avoiding the constant violence and danger of the war.





Top Ten Tuesday: Anticipated New Releases of 2015:




Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
I enjoyed reading this book, it was amazing and not what I was expecting. I won't go into the details of the book because it will spoil everything. But, for those who have read " To Kill a Mockingbird", you will be so shocked after reading this one. I was able to learn a new perspective on the subject of race in the United States between Blacks and Whites, and although I do not agree with what happened and continues to happen, it was good to see the different perspectives of people. 



Murakami Haruki, Norwegian Wood. Tokyo Blues, Super ET - DISPONIBILE ANCHE IN EBOOK:
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
I have fallen in love with Murakami's style of writing and the story
line, of the characters. This book is written from a first-person
perspective, of the character, Toru Watanabe, and it deals with
love, loss, and his life as a college student in Tokyo. It's sad and
as you read it, you begin to relate to both Toru and Naoko and how
they perceive the world. It's a must read, if you haven't.

These are two of my favorites quote from this book:

Norwegian Wood, Haruki Murakami:
Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami:                                                

I hope you enjoyed this post and add this book to your list if you haven't read them.
Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram