10 Read Alouds for Preschool


Here are my top 10 read aloud for preschoolers. These books are so great for children and of course, I love them as well. I think it's really important if the teacher loves the book as well because it kind of brings to live the characters and the story.

1. Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes

Cover artI used Pete the Cat to introduced the color white and teach about story sequencing. It's such a fun book to read and children are quick to get the rhyming and sequencing on the book. You can also have some fun making up songs for each of the color Pete's shoes change. 
2. Leaf Man
Image result for leaf manLeaf Man is one of my favorite right now, I used this book during Phase II of my Project Approach lessons that I have to complete during my Student Teaching ( I will share about the process of Project Approach soon). It's a great book to use for Fall projects, for which the children will need to use leaves or any natural materials to create something out of it. It really expands children's creativity, which is always a great thing.

3. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
Image result for don't let the pigeon drive the busThis book is so funny and kids really love it! Children love to say "no" and well this is the perfect book for it. As the little blue pigeon goes his ways to convinced his readers to let him drive the bus.

 4. 10 Timid Ghost
Related imageI showed this book on my Halloween Week for the Student Teaching series. I really loved this story is simple and great for teaching the mathematic concept of count-down, and the children do look forward to what will happen
.

5. Red: A Crayon's Story
Cover artI love this book, it teaches children that they don't need to fit or be like someone else to be loved or likable. I think this book teaches children that we most love people, even if they are different than us.
  
6. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
Cover artI love, love this book and the song that comes with it. This is a great  book when you begin teaching about the alphabet .
7. Green Eggs and Ham
Cover artI used this book when introducing the color green and for a story sequencing activity. I love the rhyming in this book, I mean I love all Dr. Seuss books. This is one of my childhood books and I was so glad I used it for my first observed lesson , and the children really loved it. (click here to check the lesson I did with  this book).
s
8.The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Image result for very hungry caterpillarI wanted to use this book for one of my lessons to teach the days of the week but my cooperative teacher uses this book during the spring, so I couldn't use it. This is great for a short lesson on the days of the week and children do enjoy reading this book.


9. Blueberries for Sal
Image result for blueberries for salI read this book when we were introducing the color blue and I love how both Sal and little bear were basically doing the same thing.  The kids really enjoyed this book.
10. Harold and the Purple Crayon 
Image result for harold and the purple crayonThis is such a beautiful cute and short story. I didn't read it  with the children but my cooperative teacher did and I felt in love with it. It's great to have the children learned about this and how they can create amazing art!

Well, I hope you like this blog post and books. If you have a favorite children's book please leave a comment below. Have a great weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram